Top Kitesurfing Kites
Following all the action from this years Red Bull King of the Air – which we were totally hooked on – it got us thinking about our top kitesurfing kites. Unable to narrow it to one, we've rounded up our top 3 kitesurfing kites to date in 2019.
We'd also love to know your thoughts on what your preferred kite of 2019 is.
For years, the RPM was fine-tuned to load, pop and go slack in the air before re-engaging. With the 2019 Slingshot RPM, the mission was to change that and not eliminate anything but to shift eh kite’s tuning to where the sport is shifting. From slack to soar, the 2019 RPM is the world’s go-to kite for versatile freeride performance.
- NEW FLYLINE BRIDLE – It's like the power steering for your kite. Pulleys allow the tow points on each side of the kite to travel as the kite turns, while bungees restrict the length of travel. This means both sides of the kite are engaged at all times
- NEW OPEN C SHAPE - The 2019 RPM has a deeper C shape in the air than in previous years. The reinvented bridle changes the geometry of the kite in flight and has a big impact on performance.
- NEW LOAD SHIFT- The new bridle configuration and location of the pulley/bungee segments give the 2019 RPM a dynamic steering behaviour. This load shift transfers power and load actively from wingtip to wingtip as it flies. Compared to other kites the new RPM shifts and distributes load actively throughout the canopy resulting in a smoother and more powerful performance.
- No colour choice(s)
- Bridle can seem complicated
Want to know more about the NEW RPM kite? Check out last months blog post.
The XR5 kite is the latest iteration of the Core XR series. With several subtle improvements, it’s easy to understand what made the XR series the free riders kite of choice. Woo height seekers are already breaking their personal bests and gusty water riders are experiencing more linear control in gusts, explosive boosts and super wave riding.
- Subtle improvements to the shape such as the flight control system.
- Build perfection – Triple rip stop cloth, Exotex ultra rigid dacron, speed valve and short bridle system.
- Design - The bombproof, five strut exo skeleton frame is a critical component. It stabilises the additional power created by the XR5 kite’s intelligent Arc system. The struts feature new geometry and improved segment stitching. This yields better strength, stiffness, and connection to the canopy without increasing its mass.
- Short bridle system - Improves the already quick response of the kite to steering and makes for an extremely dynamic turning ability.
- Compatibility - The XR5 is perfectly matched with Core's brand new bar systems, the SENSOR 2 bar and SENSOR PRO bar.
- Limited colour choices
- Sometimes, price can be a deterrent when considering a Core Kite purchase.
Want to know more about the NEW Core XR5 kite? Read more here.
- Versatility - The Lithium Progression is as comfortable in the hands of a first-time kiter as the advanced rider looking for a lot of everything; freeride, jumping, looping and waves.
- Delta Hybrid Design - The Lithium Progression has fast and simple relaunch capabilities, making this kite perfect for kite centres and learners.
- New Technology - Making use of the new D4 HD Cloth, the new canopy is strong, resilient and built to withstand the elements.
- Varied Inflation - Available with Single Point Inflation or Multi Strut Inflation systems.
- For those used to a faster steering kite, some may find it slower. However don’t be under any illusion, the Airush Lithium is by no means a slow kite.
View the full Airush kite range now available online.